Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
daseinanalayse

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

daseinanalayse
what exactly is daseinanalayse? how does one know if they are having a racial identity problem
daisenanalysis is an old term, something I have not heard used in over 30 years. It is not even covered in the current textbooks on psychiatry.

I remember it as a form of existential analysis, but I can't tell you much more.  Regarding racial identity problem, I am also not sure what that means anymore. Identity is a composite of all of the factors and experiences of your life. You are you, a complex human being living in a very complicated world and making choices about how to express yourself.  Any identity that is grafted on to that is a false identity, a protective layer that confines you as much as it protects you.