Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
klonopin tapering
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

klonopin tapering

dr deushmuhl Iam writing in response to your last answer you stated to  reduce dosage by .25 remaining at the 3 tablet schedule so i was not clear do i reduce all three pills to .25 at the same time i have been on this eight years.Ido not want to go through withdrawl (withdrawal) want to be sure i have this correctly interpretted this .I have read horror stories of withdraw if tapered down to fast. So essentially morning noon and night dosages would be cut to .25 correct?
Related Discussions
368886_tn?1278962315
Hello.

Reducing 0.25mg from all three pills might be too fast if you are not comfortable on the current dose. In that case, you might actually consider reducing 0.25mg/day every 15 days. Once you have reached to under 1mg per day dose, you can slow down the taper, reducing 0.125mg/day every two weeks.

What I suggested to you in the previous answer was reducing the daily total dose by half. A lot of people have had no problems tapering Clonazepam by reducing it by half, especially when the dose is 1mg - 1.5mg per day. At higher doses, a reduction of 0.5mg every two weeks is recommended. You can give it a try, with your doctor's supervision and review. If you do experience unpleasant symptoms, you can go back to the current dose and start over more gradually. The taper off guidelines are suggestions, but the process needs to be customized for individuals.

You can reply to this answer in this post itself. Take care.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979