Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
paxil side effects
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

paxil side effects

Hi-
I started taking paxil 2 weeks ago.  I started on 10mg, and now I am up to 20mg.  I take the medicine at night as it makes me very tired.  Even if I sleep 9 hours per night, I still feel very tired during the day, and have very little energy.  Should this side effect wear off over time?  Can I take something with the paxil to boost my energy level like ginseng?  Also, my legs seem to bother me.  All the muscles in my thighs ache since I started taking this medicine.  Is this a usual side effect?  Can I expect that it too will get better with time?  Previous to taking Paxil, I tried Celexa for 1 month, but it made every muscle in my body ache.  After one month on it, I wasn't feeling any better, so my doctor switched me to Paxil.  What do you think about the muscle aches I experience with SSRIs?