Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
the connection between the vestibular system and anxiety
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

the connection between the vestibular system and anxiety

Hi,  I have had issues with vertigo for many years, and as well as symptoms of continual derealization and anxiety and agoraphboia, and disturbed sleep.     I can have very loud tinnitus in a quiet room as well.

Now here is my option..

A = vertigo
B = derealization
C = panic attacks
D = agoraphobia
E = disturbed sleep

I personally believe that in my case,   B leads to C and D;   some might argue that C leads to B and A, but I disagree because my derealization is continual but I am not anxious unless I'm put in a bad situation.   but I wonder, where do A and E come in.   Has there been ever any idications that the vestibular system could be connected to these symptoms?     I am a "free running" sleeper,  I behave as if days are 26 hours long and skip a day in my sleep cycle every couple-few weeks.    Overall, I'd say by FAR my worst symptom is feeling like I'm in a dream I can't snap out of, derealzation.

I see a psych. MD.   He 'put me on' Ativan previously which didn't do much for me, and switched me eto xanax which I'm scared/skeptical of.

Thoughts?