Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
the connection between the vestibular system and anxiety
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

the connection between the vestibular system and anxiety

Hi,  I have had issues with vertigo for many years, and as well as symptoms of continual derealization and anxiety and agoraphboia, and disturbed sleep.     I can have very loud tinnitus in a quiet room as well.

Now here is my option..

A = vertigo
B = derealization
C = panic attacks
D = agoraphobia
E = disturbed sleep

I personally believe that in my case,   B leads to C and D;   some might argue that C leads to B and A, but I disagree because my derealization is continual but I am not anxious unless I'm put in a bad situation.   but I wonder, where do A and E come in.   Has there been ever any idications that the vestibular system could be connected to these symptoms?     I am a "free running" sleeper,  I behave as if days are 26 hours long and skip a day in my sleep cycle every couple-few weeks.    Overall, I'd say by FAR my worst symptom is feeling like I'm in a dream I can't snap out of, derealzation.

I see a psych. MD.   He 'put me on' Ativan previously which didn't do much for me, and switched me eto xanax which I'm scared/skeptical of.

Thoughts?