fungus in groin area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

fungus in groin area

A few months ago I had surgery to remove a spermatocele in my scrotum.  About 2 weeks later a fungal infection appeared in the upper thigh area next to the scrotum.  The doctor said it was probably caused by the antibiotics given before the surgery, and he prescribed Nystatin-Triamcinolone cream (Mycolog II).  Now, 3 months later and after applying 2 tubes of the cream over this time period, the fungus has reappeared in full force.  It looks like a large patch of red and yellow blotches.  Is there another medication preferable to the Nystatin?
The symptoms are indeed suggestive of tinea cruris. Keep the area as dry as possible. The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwear and change them twice a day. Most cases of ring worm respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

If the symptoms persist then oral antifungals are needed.
I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind regards.