Bumps on body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumps on body

I had small bites on my legs which itched a lot and would not go away.  A week or so later I discovered bumps all over my body. They are red and itchy and I don't know what to do

This discussion is related to Red, Itchy Bumps In Various Areas of Body.
There are many possibilities for such a rash, contact dermatitis and viral rashes being one of them. It can also be due to hives skin. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.
If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.