Bumpy Hair Follicle with white hair.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bumpy Hair Follicle with white hair.

I had bad case of acne, but it is under control now under doxycyclin and benzoyl peroxide. About about a few months ago, I notice a bump (about 2-3mm in diameter) on my right cheek. It is actually a hair follicle, with a few white hairs growing out of the same follicle or it may just one strand of hair but with split end. I pluck the hair out, but the bump with not go away and the hair keep growing back. Im an Asian guy with black hair. The bumps really looks like a pimple, but with hair follicle in the middle of it, and with white hair growing out of it. It is painless and I tried to squeeze the bump, but there is nothing in there, no pus, blackhead or anything like that. Can anybody help me with this? Im actually a third year medical student, but Im not familiar with this at all, and dont even know where to start if I want to look it up. Thanks in advance.