Can Eczema Be Genetic?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Can Eczema Be Genetic?

Hi! Can a mother pass on eczema to her child? Thanks for any help!
Eczema is term for a group of medical conditions that cause the skin to become inflamed or irritated.It is often caused by allergies to common natural inhalants and intolerance to some foods but sometimes it is an overactive response by the body's immune system to a bacterium that normally lives on the skin or an irritant.However , eczema is commonly found in families with a history of other allergies or asthma and can be hereditary.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.