Hair follicle infection with itching

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hair follicle infection with itching

Hi Doctor,
I am impressed and happy at finding a site like this. Now I feel that I can get a solution to the problem I have which didn't happen after visiting n number of doctors for years who are there for earning money and not for diagnosing the problem. Thanks to the doctors who are doing a great job here.

Past history:
   I was forcibly used by a gay frequently without my knowledge in my childhood days where I used to study in an hostel. this was at the age between 10 -15 years.I never used to like participating with him but since he is warden he to scare me and I don't know with how many  children he used to spend like this. This is unfortunate. But now my age is 35 years. During this period I have seen and crossed different stages in the problem i have been seeing.

Stage 1:  I saw a small boil or wound like thing on my penis at the age of 20. I went to a doctor he said it just a wound and gave some treatment and was cured within a week or a two. I was too itchy and some liquid is to ooze from the wound which used to cause itchy.

Stage 2: Slowly I have been seeing my skin infected.  I used to see a pus like formation sorrounding my hair follicle. Initially it started on my thigh and other slowly got spread all over the body. Usually when my body sweats more I see more these kind of puss formation. The puss formation the way it happens is slowly accumulates little gradually the content is increased and slowly rupters. There is not itching during this time. once it get ruptures in a day or two the skin is covered normally. new hair start coming but it is hard for the new hair to open up the pore.

Stage 3: Before I used to live in coastal area which is a hot place and more sweaty. I didn't see any problem other than the pus formation. Currently I moved to a place where the climate is cool and I hardly sweat. the actual problem started now. All the hair follicles in the regions where I wear clothes got infected. The hair has fallen and in the place of hair i can see small black spots which are itchy when it sweats and it has more spread for the legs and my back and shoulders.

Before my marriage looking into the past history I want to make sure that I am not infected with STD I went some of the famous hospitals and went for complete master health check-up. They said nothing to worry and I was thinking more on this. Now I got married and with two kids. After marriage everything went well and I did talk to my spouse on this. We both went to couple of doctors to make sure that nothing is transmitted to her. But recently I have been seeing same black spots on her back and legs. I am too worried now because after visiting so many doctors every now and then why no one could recognize my problem in the initial stage. My elder kid cheeks are infected with small pimple like structures.

Doctor I really appreciate your help in this. pls. suggest me some treatment where  we all could live a normal happy life. I can follow all the steps you suggest. Pls. let me know if you need any kind of replies from my side.

Thank you doctor once Again.

This could be folliculitis, dermatitis, or allergic reaction. In most individuals there are outbreaks of folliculitis from time to time.

Folliculitis is infection and inflammation of the hair follicles. The condition may be superficial (i.e., on the surface of the skin) or deep within the follicles. The most common cause of folliculitis is infection by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus.

Folliculitis symptoms can appear independent of infection. Exposure of the skin to certain chemicals, especially oils and tars, can trigger an outbreak. People with depressed immune systems, diabetes, or obesity have a greater risk of contracting folliculitis than the general population.

Patients with chronic unresponsive folliculitis may require investigation into the source of the infection. S. aureus bacteria can live in the patient's nostrils, periodically triggering a folliculitis outbreak.

Individuals who are predisposed to folliculitis should be extremely careful about personal hygiene. Application of antiseptic washes may help prevent recurrences. A topical antibiotic cream, mupirocin (Bactroban®), has been effective at reducing bacterial colonization in the nostrils. It is applied twice daily for a week and is repeated every 6 months.

If there any of the mentioned medical causes then treating those will reduce the occurence of the condition.
http://www.dermatologychannel.net/follicle/folliculitis.shtml

Some stubborn cases of folliculitis have been responsive to laser-assisted hair removal. This process uses a laser to destroy the follicle. This reduces the scarring that results from folliculitis.

Let us know if you need any other information and consult a skin specialist if the lesion is persistent.

Regards.