Pediatric perioral dermatitis
My 2 year old daughter was just diagnosed with perioral dermatitis after over 2 months of rash which did not go away with mupirocin or topical steroids. She was prescribed augmentin susp and pedipred for 10 days. I am questioning the augmentin as i have not seen that as a treatment option (why not erythomycin) and the need for oral steroid. I also read that treatment with oral antibiotics and take weeks to months and she just got a 10 day treatment. I would love some thoughts on this.
Treatment of perioral dermatitis consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

Doxycycline is the preferred antibiotic for perioral dermatitis but minocycline can also be used.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.