Pimple thing on vagina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Pimple thing on vagina

What does it mean when you have a pimple looking thing *not inside of your vagina but between the lip and the hole? When you press on it, it bleeds. It doesn't have anything White comming out. Only blood. I have only had unprotected sex for about a year now. my boyfriend had pimples on his penis too but they do not pop.
A bump on the perineal area could be a simple cyst due to blocked skin glands, blocked hair follicles, and clogged sweat glands. Genital warts look like cauliflower like growth. Its another possibility. It could be simple skin tag or a pimple as well. It is better to see a dermatologist because one has to rule out the virally infective bump and herpes blister.

The only way of ruling it out is by getting yourself tested for genital herpes. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers