Rash like butt cheeks itchy and painful

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash like butt cheeks itchy and painful

My boyfriend has been experiencing some issues with his butt for a little over a year but he's too scared and embarrassed to ask a doctor himself. His butt is experiencing extreme itchiness and pain and if it gets really bad he tells me that it starts to pus. It looks like almost what a rash would look like and it covers both of his butt cheeks and goes from the very top of his butt cheeks to half way down his thighs. From what i know, his butt is very flaky when he itches it and has a slight pink discoloration. He tells me that taking shower and putting baby oil to tame the pain and itchiness only to the point were he can bare it. Please help!
It can be due to boils or abscess formation. Keep the area clean and apply warm compresses and some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics and incision and drainage may be needed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.