Red Moles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Moles

I am 41 yrs. and lately, over the past couple of years, I have noticed that I have these very small growths appearing on different parts of my body that look like either blood blisters or red moles.  I have researched both, and come up with nothing.  Any ideas of what this might be?
Avatar dr f tn

For how long have you noted these red bumps?

Are they itchy?

How did they start? Are there any underlying conditions like diabetes, allergies, thyroid and bleeding problems?

A differential for your case is a cherry angioma."Cherry angiomas are made up of clusters of tiny capillaries at the surface of the skin, forming a small round dome ("papule"), which may be flat topped. They range in color from bright red to purple. When they first develop, they may be only a tenth of a millimeter in diameter and almost flat, but they usually grow to about one or two millimeters across, and sometimes to a centimeter or more in diameter. As they grow larger, they tend to expand in thickness, and may take on the raised and rounded shape of a dome."

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_angioma

Does the description above fit your skin condition?