Seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp or scalp psoriasis?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

so I've had this problem for maybe 9 years now were suddenly I had this dandruff problem and it just came out of nowhere. I know Psoriasis runs in my family but it's always on the arms and legs. mine is on my scalp my eyebrows and just above my mouth on the right in a small patch. My aunt who went to beautician school informed me it was Psoriasis but it doesn't look the same in pictures I've seen.
my scalp isn't raised up or swollen looking neither is my eyebrows or the other spot. the 'flakes' are white or yellowish and know my scalp and hair tend to get greasy much quicker then anyone I've seen. Also the last time I had long hair the lady was combing it only to find that my hair was easily falling out in droves. and do this day I can't seem to run my hand through my hair without swiping several strands in my fingers. I have  a medical shampoo called 'Tea tree' that I got recently. It seems to do it's job fine but I have incredibly thick hair; so one of my major questions is would shaving my head make it easier to treat this? I am female; but I also rarely leave my house and as of the moment I care more about treating this stuff and not being miserable with an ichy head then care for if I have long pretty locks of hair.
I don't have a camera to really snap a photo least not a very good one. my head just looks flaky white and oily pretty much.
There ia an overlap called 'Seborrhiasis' but from your description likely to be 'seborrheic dermatitis'.
Ketoconazole shampoo for scalp once a week should help but you should consult your doc.
Removal of hair may not serve the purpose.Best wishes.