Severe itching on feet and palms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Severe itching on feet and palms

Dear Doc,
I am a 26 year old female  living in Zürich.
I have been having this problem for the past 4 days, that my feet and hands itches..Its so intense at night, especially around midnight it became worse and i used to get up of itching and burning sensation.I go to the bath, keep my feet in the cold water and i feel better for a while(i may be able to sleep again for an hour or so) before it starts to itch again. same applies for the hands.  I been to a pharmacy and got a HydroCortisol cream(sanadermil) to apply 3 times a day and there is no difference. There is nothing visible on the skin after all these severe scratches, no rashes, no redskin, it looks perfectly normal. During the day time unless i try to get some sleep there is no itching sensation. I am worrying whats wrong with me. Could it a symptom or just some vitamin B supplements be able to correct it? Since there is no rashes, no marks i dont understand if its a dermatological condition. I want to have a relief from this tormenting.  I would be grateful for your valuable suggestion.

Many Thanks in advance!

This discussion is related to Feet itching badly..
  • Help with a Rassh (1 replies):
    Hi, I am a 15 year old female and about six days ago I n...[more]
  • Skin crawling (3 replies):
    For the past 7 months I have been experiencing crawling ...[more]
  • red hands (1 replies):
    why are my hands red and tingly
  • skin problems (1 replies):
    I have tingling, itching after taking shower or bath. H...[more]
  • dermatology (1 replies):
    causes of crawling sensation all over the body
Severe itching on hands and feet can be due to contact dermatitis, fungal infections, scabies or sometimes parasthesia are interpreted by the patient as itching sensations. They are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not. If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get scabies and other possibilities mentioned above ruled out.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.