Small itchy bumps turn to sore and spreading

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

In June, I had several tiny bumps on my left shoulder after a weekend of camping and sunning.  The bumps started itching and eventually turned into an ugly large sore.  I went to the dermatologist and he said it looked a bit like ring-worm, but also this other skin disorder,(I can not remember the name).  He did a biopsy and it came back with traces of both Lupus and this skin disorder (non-fungi).  Since Lupus-AutoImmune disease runs in my family, he did another biopsy for Lupus and it came back negative.

It has since spread to my ear, across my shoulders, lower left back, right arm.  It starts off as a red bump, then turns itchy and then turns into a sore.  Redder on the outside and whiter center.  It itches really bad, but when I itch it at this point, it burns.  I have a steroid cream that the dermatologist prescribed that helps the itching and keeps the sores at bay.  My regular doctor did a blood test for inflammation and that came back negative also.

I'm concerned on what this is and why it is spreading and worried that it is going to eventually be all over and it is ugly!  Anyone with answers, suggestions, ideas.  I'm thinking of going to an alergist, even though I have not changed any of my body products, maybe I'm allergic to something and don't know it?  I have researched bed bugs, fleas, this doesn't match!!?!?! :(
My first thought was chigger bites, but those should pretty much all be the same stage, rather than spreading.  

What a lot of dematologists don't tell you is that many skin conditions are linked to intestinal digestive problems.  Maybe they should check your for Celiac disease and Crohn's.  Or perhaps have a bump biopsied.  There is a particular skin condition with Celiac disease - dermatitis herpetiformis.