Strange wart-like rash on my 6 year old
My 6 year old daughter has a very strange skin condition. I first noticed it on her back, under her arms. It is a small cluster of bumps, looking similar to whiteheads. These have been around a month or so. A week ago I noticed the same type if thing on her upper chest. Then today I noticed a cluster on the under part of her chin. I took her to the doctor when I first noticed the bumps on her back. The bumps have a red circle around them so at first I thought maybe they were chickenpox. The doctor said they were nothing to worry about but if they spread he could refer us to a dermatoligist. I was just wondering if you could shed some light on what this could be and what we could do to get rid of them? They now seem to be spreading.

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or milia.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for the symptoms and a proper clinical examination to rule out scabies or insect bites.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how she is doing.

Regards.