Treatment for painful red,raw itchy rash on rear end

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

About two weeks ago I noticed a rash on my butt, it is itchy red raw and raised red bumps and is extremely painful.  I have not changed and materials or soaps, occassionally this rash appears for no known reason I have been appling diaper rash cream and airing my dairy air out at night time  nothing seems to be helping I even used a RX cream that was 40.00 a tube and it is  not helping, Kind of embarrassing to go to doctor for any suggestions. I am 72 years old and get regular checkups and stay active Please recommed something that may help soothe my painful issue.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This could be an irritation, dermatitis or inflamed hair follicle. However, irritation to soap and detergents and soap is ruled out with your history.  Are there other signs or symptoms present  Folliculitis or inflamed hair follicle, in particular is a pimple like lesion with associated itching or pain. It usually resolves on its own and has a tendency to recur. It is important to keep the area clean and dry. Warm compress may also help. Avoid manipulating the lesion to avoid secondary infection. Antibacterial soap and over the counter pain medications may also help. If it still persists, it would be best to have it evaluated by your doctor or have a referral to a colorectal surgeon to rule out rectal causes like fistula or fissures.

Take care and keep us posted.