Underarm cyst

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Underarm cyst

I have two small hard pea sized lumps in my armpit. At first they appeared to be infections and I squeezed some liquid out. My regular doctor thinks they may be boils. I took 5 days of Keflex. The size is reduced but not gone. One now has what appears to be a "runner" coming out of it for about 2 inches. It is hard and looks like a something that would resemble a tight rubber band.
Does anyone have any idea what it is or what I should do. Is it likely cancer of the lymph glands.
  • Swollen Bump (1 replies):
    Right at the top of my spine, there is a painful bump. ...[more]
  • Lump in cheek (1 replies):
    Hey, my names priya and a few days ago i noticed that i ...[more]
  • Cysts (2 replies):
    I have a question. I have notice a lump under my armpit....[more]
  • cyst on face (1 replies):
    I had a large cyst pop of today. It is hard and nout the...[more]
  • underamrs (1 replies):
    I have these bumps on my underarms. They are sore and an...[more]
These can be due to swollen lymph nodes, sebaceous cyst or boils. Keep the area clean and apply some warm compresses and topical antiseptics. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.