chafing and red between butt cheeks

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

chafing and red between butt cheeks

between my butt cheeks it is red, several small bumps and it is chaffed and it hurts to walk! I have put vasiline, hydrocortizone cream, diaper onitment & gold bond powder and nothing is helping what can I put on it to help it stop hurting and go away?  Please help it hurts!
  • butt rash (2 replies):
    i have been using butt wipes for about a month and i not...[more]
  • Bum Rash (1 replies):
    Seems to always happen in the summer. At the end of the...[more]
  • please help (1 replies):
    so I masterbate alot! like 3 times a day everyday. and i...[more]
  • Itchy Rash on Butt Cheek (2 replies):
    I have had a rash like thing on my butt cheek for a whil...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    when i walk i get a rash between my grion and sometimes ...[more]
For chaffing, wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

I hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.