itching legs turns into bruises
My legs itch all day. It is more of a sharp sting than an itch really. When I scratch them even if only slightly it turns into dark bruises which take so long so go away. any suggstions
It can be due to stasis dermatitis, vascular eczema or lichen simplex chronicus. If there is bruising after scratching then that also needs evaluation. You can decrease water and soap contact, and apply emollients. Topical steroids are almost always needed to control the symptoms. You can use mild steroid cream like Dermacort and if the symptoms persist then high potency steroids and oral steroids may be needed. Also take some antihistaminic to control itching.
My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist to get the diagnosis confirmed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.