itchy red welts
Yesterday I realized that I had a few red welts that were very itchy.  I assumed I had been bitten by a mosquito.  Then the next day I had a significant amount more of these itchy red welts.  They appear throughout the day while I am at school and while I am at home.  I have not eaten anything different or been outside almost at all.  I thought that it might be dust mite bites or bed bugs but then that does not explain why they would appear when I'm not near my apartment?  Also when I itch them the welts tend to grow almost together.  Most of them are not red initially until I scratch them.

Thank you for your help!!!!
It sounds like hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours. Apply calamine lotion or some mild steroid cream the next time it appears and also ask him to take some Benadryl( causes drowsiness) and Claritin. If the symptoms persist then a dermatologist’s evaluation will be the best. Steroids may be needed.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.