raised rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

raised rash

On the back of my right leg, I have a circular raised rash that is bumpy with what appears fluid inside.  It is itchy.  From this circular spot there are other bumps that trail out or are random but near the circular patch.  This started about 3 days ago and has slowly gotten bigger.  Any ideas?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
For diagnosing any skin condition a complete clinical examination is important. The few possibilities are that it could be Tinea corporis.It is a superficial infection of the skin, caused by a fungus. The rings of ringworm are itchy, circular areas of the skin with a clear patch in the center. It may not be have the typical appearance everytime.Other possibilities are nummular eczema or discoid eczema .In this condition there is a non-contagious, itchy skin rash. In nummular eczema there is no central clearing.Granuloma annulare; pityriasis rosea can also be the likely diagnosis. Seek the appointment of a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. Do write to us again with more information.
Take care and best regards!