Dermatology Community
small bumps on midsection
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

small bumps on midsection

I started getting a couple small bumps, resembling small pimples or flea bites.  Initially i thought it was form just being in the woods, but they are increasing more and more around my midsection(stomach and lower back).  They are kind of pink but definelty not red unless i scrath them,  They are extremely itchy but can't figure out what they could be.  Nothing seems to be making them go away.

Any ideas?
Related Discussions
Hi

Small red or pinkish bumps may have folliculitis, dermatitis and fungal infections as differentials. Folliculitis is a bacterial skin infection and may be transmitted through direct skin to skin contact. They may appear as reddish bumps with pus filled centers. They may be tender to the touch. I suggest that you apply Mupirocin antibacterial cream thinly over the area and see if the affected skin improves. You may apply twice daily for 3 days. If this does not improve, have this assessed further. Observe frequent hand washing. Keep the area dry and clean. Also avoid wearing tight underpants or shorts.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...