yeast infection causing bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

yeast infection causing bumps

So I have had one yeast infection in the past where my vagina was very itchy.. i used monistat and it cleared everything up quite well. that was about 4 months ago, now i have another problem. Me and my boyfriend have been sexually active for about 7 months and he has never had any sex behind my back and says he does not have herpes (his only other sexual partner was a virgin).  I was a virgin when i started having sex with him. now recently we have been long distance since i went to college so when i do see him we will have sex alot, about 3 or 4 times a day. this most recent visit we had sex a couple times then i noticed that i had a red sore on my vagina lip... it was like a pimple with but had a whitish sore spot on top, almost like a canker sore that you would get inside of your mouth. then i noticed two more smaller bumps on the other side a day later.. then about 3 days later i have like 10 bumps around my vagina. they dont have sores ontop of them like the first bump. but they are just reddish flesh colored, like raised, bumps. my vagina has been very itchy too. and now that i have been considering that it may be a yeast infection i do remember getting some cottage cheese like discharge, burning when peeing, and some irritation a couple of weeks ago.  Im thinking that maybe i didnt know that i had a yeast infection before...? and now it has been untreated and is breaking out in itchy redness with bumps? i really am hoping it is not herpes. i dont know how i would have gotten it since my boyfriend does not have it, we did not use condoms but he would pull out (i am on birthcontrol) any help!?
From the symptoms, possibility of this being due to fungal infection and chafing are more. If it turns into sore blisters which scab over, then chances of herpes are more. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.