Dogs
I'd love to know what killed mine, he ran played all day whis brother, ate dinner, out, ran and played somemore. And though it was warm for us Wednesday 7/4 we live at about 9500 ft above sea level so still only high 70's up here. And they have one of those screens so that the hottest part of day they come in for naps.
That night we went to bed, and my little guy whose never had a problem before suddenly started like coughing up a hairball, until I looked and foam was coming out his nose, and mouth. The next morning he awoke and was walking w/a slight crook in his neck. so took him down to vet. I was told it was/had something to do w/his ear so he have my dog large dose of prednezone, and a sedative abd gave ne two bottles of meds, and told me he should be fine.
Well, that same night I stayed up w/my little guy only to watch him lose all functions, ability to walk, and half-way back down to vet my dog had slipped into a coma, and was to never awake again......We are heartbroken, any ideas what may have gone wrong?
My guess is he had a reaction to the drugs and that's what sent him into a coma, especially the sedative. When the vet examined him and only found an ear problem, it's highly unusual for him to die the next day. The vet would have done blood work if he thought your dog had other more serious problems. Your description of him running and playing shows he was generally healthy. The vet would downplay it as it was his mistake. If you still have the bottles, I would investigate. I would also change vets if you get another pet. Sorry if this sounds troubling but it's strange to go from ear infection to coma.