Endometriosis Community
Left ovary removed but still feeling the same exact pain when it was in...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Left ovary removed but still feeling the same exact pain when it was in.

I had my left ovary removed 6 months ago because I was having excruciating pain there constantly it never was just a flare up and then it go away it was constant pain to where I was in bed with a heating pad and curled up in a ball. Since the ovary has been removed for some reason I am having the same pain as if my left ovary was never removed because it feels exactly the same before my ovary was removed. I don't have medical insurance to get this looked at and so I am back to where I was it seems like. I have had 5 surgeries the past year... I am just so frustrated and drained. Shouldn't there be improvement after removing the ovary and isn't weird to be feeling the same exact pain before the ovary was removed?
It is possible that the ovary has grown back if it wasn't properly removed it's called ovarian remnant syndrome.

There could be so many reasons why but I would hae am ultrasound done to see if that is the case