Endometriosis Community
Second Surgery...sooo tired
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Second Surgery...sooo tired

I'm going in for my second surgery at the end of May.  I had my first surgery about 7 months ago and was pain free until a couple of months ago. This time around I'm wondering about other conditions that people with endo are supposedly more susceptible to.  I sleep at least 9 hours a night but I'm exhausted all day.  When I get home, I have to force myself to stay awake past 8.  Also, my entire body hurts knees, hips, elbows...everything!  Has anyone else experienced this and are you being treated?  I'm wondering who I should speak to about this (surgeon, regular gyno, family pcp???).  I want to be taken seriously (as does everyone) but i['m not sure how to approach (or with who) because even I feel a little bit silly telling someone I'm tired and sore all the time, isn't everyone?

Any advice is appreciated.

First has anyone checked your thyroid. If so get the results because the ranges are wrong-- so do not take "it is in range." If I took that I would have never been treated. Also when the thyroid gets checked be sure to check thyroid antibodies.

Also you might want to look at getting gluten and then dairy out of your diet. At least 80% of women with endo are gluten intolerant and have issues with dairy.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Endometriosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank