Endometriosis Community
Sex after laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and removal of adhesions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Hi Ladies.

I just had a laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy.  They flushed my tubes and removed adhesions that were covering one of my ovaries (the one that I normally ovulate from) and unattached it from the wall of my abdomen.  My question for those of  you who have had similar surgery: how long did you wait to resume having sex?

We are currently trying to conceive and are anxious to get trying now that my ovary has been cleared.  The paperwork the doc send home with me is pretty vague.  It says to avoid intercourse until bleeding has stopped and I feel comfortable.  Well, today is the second day past my surgery and I have no bleeding whatsoever.  I feel pretty comfy aside from where the incision was made (inside my belly button).  I should be fertile in four or five days and was hoping to give it a shot this month since all is now clear.

Any advice?  It seems to me that the doctors instructions more or less indicate that when i feel ready, then it's just fine as long as there is no bleeding.  What do you think?

Thanks!

Gigi
Avatar n tn
Hi, I have had 4 operations very similar to yourself to remove endometriosis adhesions, remove cysts from inside my overies and unattach them from the wall. Depending on how the surgeon removed them depended on how soon my partner and I resumed intercourse.
It was between 4-6 weeks each time. I think your better off waiting until fully healed or you will delay the healing process.
I hope this helps