Endometriosis Community
Switching from lo/ovral to loestrin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Switching from lo/ovral to loestrin

I was on lo/ovral for about 3 months and it was TERRIBLE.  I had bad weight gain and really, really awful water retention and bloating, that despite my six hours a day of exercise and my dieting, would NOT go down! I also had continuous clotted bleeding consistantly once I got past the first four weeks on this pill.  On top of all that, I also still had a lot of pain, so the pill wasn't even helping with that!! how frustrating!!

today I spoke to my doctor and she is switching me to loestrin (which I will start tomorrow).  She says that it is a lower dose, and will most likely not give me the side effects I had with the lo/ovral.  When I look at the website for loestrin, is says that weight gain is not a primary side effect, and in fact is little to none, but I'm just so afraid of weight gain and water retention again, so I just wanted to know if anyone had tried this pill and what they thought of it/ if it helped their endometriosis symptoms.