Endometriosis Community
painful penetration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

painful penetration

Is endometriosis the cause of  the painful sex? my doctor diagnosed that  i have  endo and advised me to take the shot but im thinking twice coz it might result infertility..is it safe?please do reply...thank you..
Endo can definitely cause painful sex.  The endo is so sensitive that anything that touches it can cause pain-- sex, bowel movements, a growing fetus.  Endo can also cause your insides to become sticky and get attached in places they shouldn't be attached (adhesions), which means normal activities pull on your insides in ways that cause pain.  I never got any shots because the risks and side effects did not seem to outweigh the benefits for me.  Mentally I cannot even handle a low dose progestin pill because of the depressant qualities.  But many women have had success with shots.  I am glad that I opted for excision surgery because the laparoscopy was the only way the doctor could have known that I had adhesions.  Hormone meds could not have removed the adhesions and I would have gone through all the side effects and still been in pain.  Good luck with your decision and God bless!