GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Abdominal Solid Mass on upper left quadrant
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abdominal Solid Mass on upper left quadrant

I am 18 years old. I found out I had gerd about 3 years ago. Recently, I have had this mass on my abdomen right below my left ribcage for about a 7-9 months so far. Maybe even a year. I went to see a doctor and the doctor tried to take it out but missed it. I got an MRI done and nothing showed up but they did find a cyst on or in my kidney that is about 2 inches big. Since the lump did not show up, I got an ultrasound done and they say its a solid mass and that I need to get it taken out. I also have one showing up on my right side below my rib cage also. I don't know if this is related but I have had horrible back pain and I get tingly toes in the morning when I step down from my bed.
  What could cause this lump and what could it be?