GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Diagnosed w/ mild case of Acid Reflux

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Diagnosed w/ mild case of Acid Reflux

I am an 18 year old male and i was diagnosed with a mild case of acid reflux back in late October. The doctor also said that I have a Hiatal Hernia. I don't believe he specified which type I had. But he told me that it was nothing to worry about. For the past month I have been on prescribed medicine in hopes of treating my mild case of Acid Reflux.

But my question pertains to some pain I have been having since last night. It started with a pain on the right side of my neck from the middle of neck to the base of my neck. Then I have been having pain in the middle of my chest. The pain in my chest feels almost as if some food is stuck. Every time I inhale, yawn, burp, etc. the pain in both my neck and chest would be the worse, but then it would subside.

I have had this neck pain before but it has been a while because of the medicine I have been taking. As for the chest pain/pressure I have never experienced that before. The thing that makes me nervous is that maybe the pain in my chest is related to the hernia? When I think about that I think about what if I need surgery? If it doesn't go away by tomorrow I am probably going to go to see my doctor because it is rather uncomfortable.
Advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Feeling something stuck in the throat is one of the symptoms of GERD. If you already on PPI continue taking that along with zantac at bedtime.
The pain in the throat which worsens during yawning and burping could be due to sore throat which itself could be due to GERD.
Tylenol will provide relief.