GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Don't think it's GERD...has to be more

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Don't think it's GERD...has to be more
Hello ~

I am at my wits end.... I have been suffering with nausea/dizziness/weakness since October 2008. I have had tons of testing done (colonoscopy, endoscopy, HIDA scan, small bowel series, CT scan, sonograms) and the only diagnosis has been iron deficiency anemia and acid reflux. I have been treated for the anemia with IV treatments and prescription iron, but continue to be nauseous 4-5 days a week. I also have begun experiencing black tary stools and sharp quick pains in my lower back. I don't know what else can be done from a GI standpoint and wonder what other type of doctor I should see...... I am at a loss and living on 4-6 TUMS a day just to get through. I am young (34) and can't bear the thought of not knowing what is wrong. It is very frustrating.
Nausea is one of the symptoms of GERD.
Dizziness and weakness could be due to anemia.
Intake of iron also can cause gastritis and nausea.
To confirm GERD you can have 24 hours pH monitoring test done.