Gallbladder Expert Forum
Normal results for HIDA
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Normal results for HIDA

I am a 52 year old female who has had pain in my right (gall bladder area) for the last year and a half. I don't go to the doctor much and usually anything I get I treat and it goes away eventually. Not this...I am personally 95% sure it is my gallbladder. The problem is I have had an ultrasound, blood work and a HIDA scan and all were normal. Could it still be my gallbladder? My doctor wants to do a colonoscopy and scope and if that is okay then do a catscan. I travel with my husband in the summer and fall and will be gone for 5 months. I only have the month of May to get this done before we leave. (We are children's evangelist)  Also I am on a Christian share plan and not regular insurrance so I want to keep the cost as low as possible. I have already spent 10,000 on ER visit and tests. So I guess my question is can all test be normal and my problem still be my gallbladder?
2827584_tn?1340583296
Can you be more specific about the "normal" HIDA? If these were really negative the workup that has been recommended is appropriate. A gallbladder source would be unlikely with a negative U/S and a normal ejection fraction without symptom reproduction on HIDA.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity