Gallbladder Expert Forum
Pain under my right rib cage and upper abdominal pain and tenderness
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain under my right rib cage and upper abdominal pain and tenderness

Ok....I am scared to death that something is wrong with me...I am 27 and about four years ago I got out of nowhere a bad pain under my right rib cage...after a couple of months of it happening off and on I went to my doctor and she sent me for a hidascan that came back that my gallbladder was normal....four years later I still struggle with the pain...usually at least once a week but now for the past year I have had tenderness in my upper abdomen that hurts to touch....I also have pain and pressure in my chest sometimes...I have googled these symptoms and have almost been ready to write out my will because every symptom I have says my liver and I have struggled with an oppiate addiction for about four years now...I had blood work done about three weeks ago and they said my liver was fine so what could this be...I do not have diahrea or vomiting....
2827584_tn?1340583296
Surely there has been more workup than just the HIDA scan. Opiates can dramatically affect biliary motility problems such as sphincter of Oddi dysfunction which is almost impossible to diagnose without first removing the gallbladder. Was the pain reproduced with the CCK during the HIDA scan?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity