disappearing gallstones
I had two sonograms within the last two years at two different hospitals that reflected an enlarged gallbladder full of stones and wall thickening.  I recently went to the hospital and the sonogram came back normal.  No gallstones, enlargement or thickening of the wall.  Nice crisp pictures.  I had a second opinion three days later at another hospital.  Same results except they diagnosed me with pancreatitis.  I could not get an appointment with the GI for  two weeks.  I still have another week to go.  I am having some pain in my chest and fullness.  They also did a stress test and those results were negative.  My abdomen is huge.  What do you think.  Can they just disappear and can't gallstones cause pancreatitis?  I do not drink alcohol at all.
Pancreatitis is probably the deadliest complication of gallbladder disease. In the US, more than 95% of the pancreatitis is caused by either alcohol or gallstones. The fact that you had pancreatitis in the absence of alcohol and a history of any abnormality on ultrasound would indicate a cholecystectomy.