Gallbladder Expert Forum
disappearing gallstones
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

disappearing gallstones

I had two sonograms within the last two years at two different hospitals that reflected an enlarged gallbladder full of stones and wall thickening.  I recently went to the hospital and the sonogram came back normal.  No gallstones, enlargement or thickening of the wall.  Nice crisp pictures.  I had a second opinion three days later at another hospital.  Same results except they diagnosed me with pancreatitis.  I could not get an appointment with the GI for  two weeks.  I still have another week to go.  I am having some pain in my chest and fullness.  They also did a stress test and those results were negative.  My abdomen is huge.  What do you think.  Can they just disappear and can't gallstones cause pancreatitis?  I do not drink alcohol at all.
2827584_tn?1340583296
Pancreatitis is probably the deadliest complication of gallbladder disease. In the US, more than 95% of the pancreatitis is caused by either alcohol or gallstones. The fact that you had pancreatitis in the absence of alcohol and a history of any abnormality on ultrasound would indicate a cholecystectomy.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank