GASTROENTEROLOGY
COMMUNITY
Dark liquid comes out with feces? Help!
by worriedcaroll, Apr 25, 2010
For about a year now, I've been experiencing something very odd: a darkish, yet transparent liquid comes out with the feces. Most of the time it has a grey coloration, other times it appears brown or dark blue. It is not urine and it has no smell. Other digestive issues I have are: chronic bloating, and diarrhea with mild nausea whenever I eat fried food or chocolate. I seem to have GERD as well. Please, somebody help me!! I'm really scared and confused! Thank you...
Member Comments (2)
by Marisen, Apr 25, 2010
You need to get in to see a Gastroenterologist as soon as you can! These are pretty hefty concerns that need investigating, and the dark liquid is a very unusual symptom. If you're not sure where to start, you can either ask your primary care doctor to refer you to a Gastroenterologist or you can look up what other patients say about physicians in your area by going to RateMDs.com or Vitals.com. Hopefully these tools will help you get some answers and some relief!
by elizabeth13, Apr 25, 2010
Dark/black'ish looking faeces can mean blood in the faeces, but i am not sure about grey'ish colours.. Definately ask your doctor or see a specialist who knows about bowels.