Ill with multiple potential causes…tap water? skimmed milk?

I recently fell not right/ill all of a sudden.  I been trying to narrow the faults down.  

One thing is the tap water. A little research suggested that the quality in general is inconsistent.  I have been using tap water for my coffee and only recently experience unwellness. Is it possible the coffee maker even though heat up the water just wouldn’t be as hot as kettle to kill as much microbes and whatever else?

Another thing is skimmed milk. I rarely drink this as it taste less good than whole.  But I did so as it was the only milk available and I didn’t see it urgent to go get some whole one.  Some research also yielded potential cancer implication and a claim that 20% people get sick with any type.

Anyone else here ever got sick with tap water/skimmed milk suspicions?

Ever since we installed a water filter, we don't have this problem.  Before this we had some stomach trouble.  And you can become allergic or lactose intolerant to milk overnight.  Maybe it's the fluoride in your water.  If you are really concerned about this, bring some water to a boil in a pan.  Remove from heat and let sit until cool.  Or you could add 2 drops of clorox to a gallon of water.
Flouride is a neurotoxic agent. My own opinion is that adding it to the water supply represents complete insanity. In addition the equipment that introduces the flouride may fail and certain batches of water may contain high doses. Years ago I was involved in taking water samples for a project measuring flouride and was surprised at the variations. That being said there may be micro-organisms in the water and a good filtration system is always an excellent idea.