crazy pill
went to new doc and was going over history.  saw that I have tried multiple antidepressants without any relief.  I told her I don't stay on them long enough to see if they would work.  Gives me GI problems.  She then mentioned trying me on Prozac.  I frowned upon that.  I don't want that med in my meidcal records.  Isn't this med known as the med for crazy people?  Maybe not crazy, but with severe problems.
Naw, Prozac is most commonly used as an antidepressant.  Actually, for younger people, it's the most commonly prescribed antidepressant, and it definitely doesn't mean you have serious problems.  :)  Your doc probably just thought to give it a try because it tends to have fewer side effects than other drugs.  It's almost the same as any other SSRI, it just has a longer half life than most so you're eased onto and off of it (which hopefully means less side effects).  Good luck!!
When Prozac was introduced in 1986, it was the first drug of its class. Since then Prozac has been a catylist in bringing attention to mental health. Prozac has helped millions of people in more than 90 countries in their battle with depression. So depression is a mental illness, its just that some peoples depression is much worse than others and they may seem "crazy" but to say that is to say that all people who suffer depression are crazy but they are not it just means you have a chemical imbalance in your brain and you need to take prozac to make the chemicals balanced again.