General Health Community
please help!!! bone/cartilage problems?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

please help!!! bone/cartilage problems?

Okay so the past couple of months I have noticed pain and stiffness in my knees. To be exact, my entire kneecaps stiffen up. I find it hard to sit comfortably or to stand up sometimes. When walking upstairs I can also feel them clicking.
Over the past two years a have put on weight and i would call myself unfit. But I don't think my weight gain is so bad that it can be held accountable for this happening.

Today I tried out a workout video I got for christmas and my main struggles was my knees. Everytime I done a squat there were lots of crackling noises coming from my knee caps. As far as I can guess it must be bone or cartilage?
I would love to get fit but I'm stuck I'm a catch 22 situation here.

Could anyone suggest what this could be? Is there any supplements I could be taking? I really need answers this surely can't be normal for a 19 year old?
Crackling is not as bad.  Your cartlidge is still there.  You must exercise the muscles around your knee caps.  This will help relieve the pressure of the weight that is causing pain.  It is a catch 22.  You absolutely must exercise those legs or the pain will get really really bad.  Take oseo-bi-flex and there is a new pill I swear by called Bio-Collagen with patented UC-11 sold by LifeExtension online.  It is like chicken fat.  When you take suppliments, your body will expell things it does not recogize as a biological source.  This is good stuff that works.  Now you must lose weight because you are too young and will miss out on too much if you don't fix this now.  Flash forward 20 plus years from now and you could be bed ridden.  DO NOT give up.  Start protein shakes every morning to fill you up, wear supportive shoes to help your knees and walk.  If you can't do this go to your doctor and get a prescription to do water physical therapy.  I am doing that now and if I didn't I will be in a wheel chair soon and I am not even 50.  Fix this now! Be afraid, it will get worse if you don't take steps now!
You may have arthritis in your knees.  I suggest taking Magnesium and Calcium and D3.  You don't say if your knees are swollen, but elevating your legs when you lie down will also help.  Squats are not the best exercise for you at present.  Walking is safer and not so hard on the knees. - See an orthopedist or rheumatologist.
Could be Vitamin D deficiency. I have got that and my shin bone on the left has been getting shooting pains and gnawing burning pain in it as if I had picked a scab off of it or cut it even. Bloodwork came back normal. So it leaves me to believe it's the lack of vitamin D. I don't drink milk and I stay inside out of the sun. Sleep by day and awake at night. Recently read that almost all of us do not have the amount of Vitamin D that we need. I would recommend adding a good otc multi vitamin into your diet. Or one of those hardcore 500 mg Calcium vitamin D pills or both! Hang in there and hope you get everything situated.
Have an MRI done. I experienced the same for years. When I finally saw an orthopedic surgeon the found bone fragments digging into my nerves and missing carlidge. I now am going for carlidge replacement surgery in May. This will help avoid a knee replacement. I'm only 45. I've gained weight because of all I'm limited to. Definitely see a doctor!