HIV Prevention Community
Is this paranoia?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Is this paranoia?

Was with a SW. Performed vaginal penetration on her. Did not ejaculate in condom. When we were finished she quickly (very quickly) went and flushed the condom. I than got very paranoid that maybe it had broken and she may be trying to hide it. I asked her and she said it did not. As well the condom felt fine the entire time and there was no popping or snapping noise or feeling. I just usually check the condom afterwards however this time I did not get the chance. Does this sound like I am worrying for no real reason?

Thank you very much.
Had it failed she would have advised you.
Thanks Teak. I did ask her if it broke and she said no; I just wish I could convince myself she was truthful. Also I did not feel or hear it break, no did I notice it broken upon removal, however I may not have been paying to close attention. Would you think I am fine in terms of risk for this incident just going off what I have described?

Thanks alot.
Yes.
You would have known if the condom broke--It would have been so obvious.Cut the drama & move on.
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers