HIV Prevention Community
Reliability of ELISA at 36 days?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Reliability of ELISA at 36 days?

I had a unprotected Anal Sex with a call girl on 19.07.13, it was like it happened in heat of moment, I had a very high fever after 2 days of encounter. I had persistent cough for next month although fever was not felt after that. I go tested for HIV on 23.08.13 in Lal Path Labs and my result was negative. I was fine upto 6 weeks after I had sex, but now I started having muscle and joint pains starting from knees and spreading all over body which fades away in 3-4 days without any medication with very little pain now plus I have itchy skin now. What are the possiblty of me infected? n what tests should I take now ??
the "timing" of your symptoms are not indicative of early infection.

follow up with an antibody test at 3 months for a conclusive result