HIV Prevention Community
Risk or Paranoia?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Risk or Paranoia?

This may sound silly..
I was in Africa and a girl lightly bit my bottom lip (she didn't draw an blood). It just so happens that her teeth touched right where I had a dark red mark on the inside of my lip. It might have been a sore, I'm not sure, but the red mark didn't hurt and it didn't seem to be bleeding. (I had no blood in my saliva when I spat afterwards.) Also, I was sitting with her for a good 10 minutes before this incident so at least know she didn't just floss her teeth or something.
I read that saliva inhibits HIV, and that the lack of salt destroys blood in the mouth...

Is there ANY risk from this experience or am I a paranoid lunatic?

Thanks.
Tags: HIV, Blood, sores, risk
paranoid
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers