HIV Prevention Community
Test for antibody

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Test for antibody

Dear all, please if some body can ask this, I´ll apreciate a lot
I´m from Mexico, I want to know if the ELISA test is the same here that in U.S.A. or Do I have to ask to the Lab where I doing the test?
Another question and last one, about the writing of Doctor H.H.H, He is speaking about a ELISA Test or It is another king of test,

Thanks everybody

"For the antibody tests, the last issue is the most confusing.  Everything known about the speed with which antibody develops in response to a new HIV infection, and the ability of the tests to detect that antibody, indicate that the tests will pick up virtually all new infections by 6 weeks, and certainly by 8 weeks.  But because of the regulatory standards, the manufacturer may not claim 100% reliability until 3 months.  And given the manufacturers' stance, it's easy to understand why physicians, clinics, health departments, or other agencies feel they need to stick with 3 months in their formal advice"
Tags: test