HIV Prevention Community
What are the odds of me getting hiv from unprotected one time thing sex...

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

What are the odds of me getting hiv from unprotected one time thing sexual encounter?

Chances of having hiv from a unprotected sexual encounter one time.. he didn't finish in me, but took the condom off midway and I was unaware (vaginally) .. I have a boyfriend of three years now and he doesn't have anything he just got tested and we have done vaginal, oral, and anal unprotected for these 3 years.. I have even gotten blood on his thing on accident a few times.. I am going to get tested, but I just need to know if my chances of having hiv are low so I stop freaking out :(
Tags: HIV Prevention&Risks, HIV Transmission, HIV
I am sorry, we don't do "Odds" here. All I can tell you is that an unprotected exposure warrants testing. But, I wouldn't shy away from saying that the chances of you contracting the virus from this one time exposure is low. However, cetrainly warrants testing for a concrete serostatus knowledge.

I would recommend you to get tested at this juncture to find out, rather than going through the painful process of "Guessing it" by browing through the internet every day. That 1 day's wait to find out your result is better than weak moments every day over the internet and daily life guessing it.

Good Luck!