Aa
A
A
Close
What are the symptoms of HIV after 11 years
Way back in 2001 I had unprotected sex with a bf and I later learned that he was a drug addict and was also cheating on me.  I got flu like symptoms and a bad yeast infection shortly after our first encounter.  Back then I didn't think too much about it.  Since then I hardly ever got sick and even though my colleagues are constantly sick with viral infections and still keep coming to work, I never seem to get it.  In fact I haven't taken any sick leave in about a year as I do not get ill at all.  However, recently my husband and I are facing a severe form of male infertility and we have done all the required hormonal tests and everything was fine from my side.  I got in contact with a fertility clinic and they told me that before we consider IVF we would need to get tested for HIV and Hep B & C and that is when I started freaking out that I may have contracted HIV nearly 12 years ago.  

Is it possible that I have HIV but I don't have any symptoms after nearly 12 years?  All my hormonal tests came out fine, I have had various tests for CBC and these were also ok.  I have also annual pap smears and those always came back normal.  The only symptom I have is that I have a slight white coating on my tongue.  Could this be a sign?  I never even thought about this until I got the e-mail from the fertility clinic.  If I do have HIV wouldn't it have some kind of effect on the hormonal tests and also pap smears after all this time?  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
186166_tn?1385262982
the only way to know your status is by testing for hiv.
Comment
Cancel
186166_tn?1385262982
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
What are the symptoms of HIV after 11 years
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources