What are the symptoms of HIV after 11 years
Way back in 2001 I had unprotected sex with a bf and I later learned that he was a drug addict and was also cheating on me.  I got flu like symptoms and a bad yeast infection shortly after our first encounter.  Back then I didn't think too much about it.  Since then I hardly ever got sick and even though my colleagues are constantly sick with viral infections and still keep coming to work, I never seem to get it.  In fact I haven't taken any sick leave in about a year as I do not get ill at all.  However, recently my husband and I are facing a severe form of male infertility and we have done all the required hormonal tests and everything was fine from my side.  I got in contact with a fertility clinic and they told me that before we consider IVF we would need to get tested for HIV and Hep B & C and that is when I started freaking out that I may have contracted HIV nearly 12 years ago.  

Is it possible that I have HIV but I don't have any symptoms after nearly 12 years?  All my hormonal tests came out fine, I have had various tests for CBC and these were also ok.  I have also annual pap smears and those always came back normal.  The only symptom I have is that I have a slight white coating on my tongue.  Could this be a sign?  I never even thought about this until I got the e-mail from the fertility clinic.  If I do have HIV wouldn't it have some kind of effect on the hormonal tests and also pap smears after all this time?  
the only way to know your status is by testing for hiv.