confused about HIV test results
Hi, I had a condom failure that was unnoticed during vaginal intercourse with a woman of unknown status on February 26. Asking about her history after the fact (really smart, I know) she claims to have tested negative within the past 6 months and says she had no sexual partners in that time. It's hard to know when people are telling the truth or not and my anxiety sent me to a lab for an early detection test at 14 days. This was an antibody test and a pcr dna test. Both came back negative. Yesterday, at 23 days I have developed a mild fever (99.1) and a dry, irritating cough and diarrhea today. I'm still have very bad anxiety over this and am trying to get the woman to go with me for testing (that would be ideal). So, the questions are: is the 14 day dna test meaningful at all? And is it worth repeating the early detection dna test next week after 28 days? I know I should get an elisa test at 12 weeks as well. Just not sure I can survive that long. Thanks for you insight...
PCR DNA test are not approved for screening or diagnosing HIV.