Hearing Loss
I have a conductive loss in my left ear and wear a hearing aid. I woke up a few days ago with seemingly 25% or more gone. I can't hear nearly as well as I'm used to and my hearing aid cannot be turned up high enough to compensate for the loss. There is no pain or other symptoms. Should I be worried? Do you have any idea what is going on?
Hi and welcome to the Hearing Loss community!

I would be concerned about what has happened to your ear. It would be a good idea for you to make appointments with an audiologist and possibly an ENT. An audiologist can quantify the loss (update your audiogram) and possibly solve the problem, if it is wax build-up or something. An audiologist can also tell you whether the loss is conductive or sensorineural. And an audiologist can program your hearing aid to better match the loss.

An ENT can look into middle ear causes, if the loss turns out to be conductive. An ENT also may have suggestions about surgical options for sensorineural or mixed losses.

Please let us know how it goes!

BC