Quality of life
About 2 and 1/2 weeks ago I was too close to an explosion and it cause NIHR in both my ears. I now have tinittus and can hear from about 20hz to 5khz. I'm still young (20) and a lot of my friends still like going to clubs.

I want to know if now that I have suffered hearing loss, will I have to avoid music venues all together? Am I more susceptible to further hearing loss? Will the "broken speaker" effect that I currently notice around loud noises ever subside or lessen?
Hi!
Since the hearing loss came after an explosion, repeated exposure to loud music or a single exposure to very loud sound can cause further hearing loss. You could find out from your specialist whether cochlear implant or hearing aids will help you. Since you can still hear, the neural loss is not complete. You may benefit from these technologies and the quality of loud sounds may improve. However, it would be best to avoid too much exposure to loud sounds. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.